Course – Overview
This two-year programme, PGDM – Mass Communication, is a rigorous, industry-led course that develops students for careers in the media and entertainment industry. It prepares students to become leaders with a strategic mindset and also inculcates the in-depth knowledge of media management and the entertainment industry.
In this course, the curriculum is more responsive to industry needs and provides the students with skills for leadership and in-depth knowledge of the media and entertainment industry to meet the demands of the changing global media environment.
Through the ‘industry-oriented education’ approach, emphasis is made to make the students a perfect industry-fit by the time they complete their programme.
The industry-oriented approach of AIMC has dual dimensions: firstly, it involves top media professionals from the Industry at the time of designing and updating the curriculum to meet the requirement of the industry. This includes enhancing the syllabus for a particular subject or introducing a new skill set.
Secondly, students are trained in the context of the application of their knowledge to Marketing, Organization Behavior, Strategic Communication, Media Management, Operations, and Functions of Media Organisation.
This course will help aspirants to get in-depth knowledge of current practices in media with smooth and quality content production and marketing, meet deadlines, and work within a budget. The programme will help students to understand the latest technology used in the industry today like Artificial Intelligence, Digital Marketing, and Data Management.
This course will teach learners to adapt to corporate culture, challenges and demands. Students will get the opportunity to learn from top Industry Marketing Professionals, Filmmakers, Photographers, Film Critics, Bloggers, YouTubers, Editors, Scriptwriters, etc. Students will get to work closely with Entertainment Editors, Digital Media Professionals, Live Projects, and Industry Internships. The course is a 360° comprehensive learning-based model which opens the doors for diverse avenues and opportunities:
- OTT Platform Management (Netflix, Amazon, Sony, Hotstar, and others)
- Television Channels, Radio Stations, Print & Digital Firms
- Marketing, Brand Management & Communication Companies
- Advertising and PR Companies
- Film Production and Distribution Companies
- Event and Entertainment Companies
- Online Entertainment
- Celebrity Management Companies
- Sports Marketing
- Theme Parks / Experience Zones
- Theatre Production
- Production Houses
Why PGDM in Mass Communication?
PGDM deals with imparting detailed learning and comprehension of the respective fields. PGDM in Media and Communication revolves around intricacies, rules, objectives, general management aligned with the media and entertainment industry.
This two-year course will help aspirants to become business managers and leaders with Media and Entertainment edge. This is one of the emerging and popular courses among leading companies. After doing under graduation and now you are thinking to go for PGDM. In that case, have you thought about which field you are interested in? Business and Management? Finance? OR Media and Communication?
If your answer is Media and Communication then to be delivered as a skilled master of the respective specialisation one has opted for in a B-School of Media and Mass Communication, which in turn helps to get better placement in leading media companies.
PGDM courses are industry-centric when compared to the structure of MBA courses. Enrolling in PGDM – Mass Communication course, you will have the freedom to specialise in your interest. This will serve and cover your areas of curiosity and learning in that field.
PGDM in Mass Communication which encompasses specialisation fields:
- Branding, Advertising &PR
- TV & Digital
- Media and Entertainment
- Sports Marketing and Management
- Film Making & Marketing
Legacy of 18 Years in Media Education.
Excellent Placement Results – ‘year after year’ across various media & entertainment platforms in over 100 reputed companies/firms.
Duration: 2 Years
PGDM (Mass Communication) Fees: 5,50,000/- payable in 4 installments.
- All disputes shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi courts only
- The students would be obliged to pay the above fees and / or such fees as may be finally determined by the appropriate authorities / court.
- In the event of a student withdrawing before the start of the course, the entire fee collected from the student, after a deduction of the processing fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) shall be refunded by the institution. If a student leaves after joining the course and if the vacated seat is consequently filled by the another student by the last date of admission, the institution will refund the fee collected after a deduction of the processing fee of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) and proportionate deductions of monthly fee and hostel rent, if applicable.
- As a part of the program, a laptop is given to each student, the cost of which is included in the fee structure. If a student withdraws during the course after collecting the laptop from the institution, the cost of the laptop will be recovered from him / her.
- Besides fees as indicated above, every student is required to pay Rs.10,000/- refundable Security Deposit along with the first installment.